RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Venus .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 04:49 PM
APD
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Tubing

Originally posted by Mike James
Old habits die hard... I did it this way so I never have to mess around with the cowling, and so I could move the tank aft, closer to the CG.

Mike, just out of curiosity, how far back is the fuel tank? It looks like from the photo that it might be about 2 1/2 or 3 inches from the firewall. Have you had any problems drawing fuel into the carb with the tank that far back?

The lines are color coded. (Blue=fuel Pink=pressure) I used the Fourmost fuel fittings (available from Tower Hobbies, at http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXG851&P=7 ) in the side of the airplane.

The tank is the included one with a two-line setup. There's an inline filter in the fuselage, so that fuel is filtered between the tank and carb. I used ZAP "Goo II" to seal the holes in the firewall, around the tubing. (and throttle pushrod housing)

The pressure line runs from the muffler, through the firewall, to the pink fittings, then to the "vent" line in the tank. The fuel line runs from the carb, through the firewall, to the blue fittings, then to the "clunk" line in the tank.

To fuel the plane, release the fuselage-mounted pressure line (pink) first, to release any remaining pressure, and to avoid being squirted with fuel. Then release the fuel line (blue) and fuel through it. The pink line serves as your overflow.