RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just got my LSR...
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Demonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my LSR...

Now I am wondering what to do for upgrades...

I am mostly a basher, kind of. I run a little at the local BMX track, when I feel like spending alot of money on replacing parts that I inveriably break, a little at a lake bed where they are repairing a dam so there is a lot of open space to roam about in, a little at work; dirt, grass and a gravel driveway that I try to stay off of, local sand dunes (I know, bad idea, but SERIOUS fun!), and I am thinking of doing a little racing this year. Mostly a leasure sport for me at this point. I do, however, have a thing for high tech goodies!

I have a list I have compiled.

So far on the list I have: Carbon Fiber Goodies, Tasais Axles, LST CVD Bones, LST CVD Rebuild Kit, Steering Components, Draglink (MBX 5) or this one. Alu Shock Ends, Picco .27 8 Port, yes, it isn't the best available, but I happen to have had very good luck with Picco engines in the past, Hex Hardware, Ofna or whoever fly wheel, 3 pc. clutch and Alu. clutch shoes, and of course a JR XS3-Pro w/Spektrum, HiTec Ti Gear Servos, already have the 1200 mah 5-GP cell reciever pack.

What I am really interested in at this point is: Rear Alu. Axle Carriers, Shocks... Are there any others made that will work, have 3.5mm shafts, and be the same/very close to the same length, or should I just get the Pro Shocks in all their ugly, brown, glory? Center CVDs (not from HB), any made for it/that will work on it? Front Bell Crank Brace, I am thinking Carbon Fiber would be nice here.

Also, gearing: Is it supposed to be rather slow out of the box? I have gone about as lean as I want to with the engine and it still seems to be rather slow...As compared to, say, my Revo, 2 speed aside, the Revo still seems to have more top end in first/first part of second, even with a 40t spur and smaller clutch bell.... Bottom end on the LSR is rather insane, though. I was thinking that maybe a 14t or even a 15t clutch bell might be in order. I have heard of a two speed for this truck... Any info on that?

Anything else I am forgetting?

Thanks in advance

(Yes this is a repost from another forum... What can I say? I am impatient [sm=tired.gif])