RCU Forums - View Single Post - new os cvr .18
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 01:37 AM
cougartech67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new os cvr .18

ok thanks. I will try the flywheel again. I noticed that the NT-16 flywheel fit snug threaded all the way to the clutch hub. On the OS 18, when I installed the NT flywheel, it was loosely spinning after getting beyond the short threads of the clutch shaft on the OS engine. Was this the same for you? So your saying, that I should always be using the flywheel, clutch, springs, clutch bell, etc. for the model of vehicle that I have. So its based on the vehicle, not the engine. Right? Thanks, I probably did not spend enough time checking out how the flywheel from the NT-16 fit. Just quickly assumed it was wrong because it did not fit the same at first view. So if I decide to use a better 3pole clutch with aluminum shoes, I can go ahead and order one, as if it was for the CEN MT2. Right? I saw lots of good hopups for the CEN MT2 on the www.neweramodels.com website. They have a good selection there. Hey, thanks for the reply back. This is my first time to change engine types on the MT2's. One of my MT2's has the Epic .18 engine, but, I bought it that way from a friend of mine. I wanted to try the OS 18 because I have heard its easier to tune and a little faster than the Epic. Thanks to all. I will give a detailed post, comparing all 3 engines for the MT2, after I properly setup and break-in the OS 18. Thanks.