RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fliton Quiet Storm build
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 03:47 PM
mblue2050
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fliton Quiet Storm build

If you read sime of threads on here you will find most everyone is beefing up where the wing spars join. I have a Quite Storm and did the same.
I have seen all sorts of ways to make the joint stronger. What I did and what I mostly read being done is adding wood to either one side or both sides of the wing spar where it joins inside the fuse. I suspect earlier in this thread but have not looked lately.

I expoxied a light ply piece cut to fit from side to side and the same heigth as the existing spars on the back and front side.
I also must add that I removed all the covering on the fuse sides where the wings connect and both are glued the entire surface. I glued small 1/4" x 1/4" wood peices with holes the same size as the dowels on the inside....basically making it impossible for the dowels to come out.

Some other things for the motor.

All of this might be over kill but I am over powered and knew I was going to set it up that way. I built it strong and addded very little overall weight.

It flies great and I fly it pretty aggresive but I watch myself. It is still an ARF and built very light.

Added plywood at the joiners and "plenty of epoxy" is direct quote from Fliton technical. Go there and read their suggestions.
http://www.fliton.com