RCU Forums - View Single Post - A real bunch of swell modelers... not
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 11:48 AM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A real bunch of swell modelers... not

Actually I'm not picking on anyone -- I am accused of something other than reality -- I am guilty only of choking on a piece of chicken when Andrew's event occurred. Never did I name, or suggest the identity of the individual in any way -- in fact I only referred in a post to a notable crash at the fun-fly (notable for being the only crash there) -- I gave no details whatsoever. I do admit to the unworthy thought that "hey, he doesn't fly any better than me", and I'm sure that it showed on my face. However, if that, or choking on a piece of chicken whilst startled by a crash, is considered a culpable fellony in your world, I'm glad that I don't live there.

Likewise, Patch is guilty of nothing more than a grin when the event occurred -- no comment (or post) at all. Being a combat pilot, he does that with alarming regularity, as crashes are a normal part of his flying, & "a good one" is to be greatly admired and commented upon. In this case, the crash rated about 2 out of 10 -- essentially no damage -- and worth nothing more than a grin. Hardly a crime -- maybe a misdemeanor, requiring two minutes for grinning.

I can't comment for Mr Browning, but I have indeed met him & he is a an intelligent, open and friendly gentleman, as well as a fine upstanding member of the modelling fraternity -- very well regarded in fact. Perhaps Andrew has offended him in some fashion, as Bruce is not a notably aggressive individual.

More likely, Andrew has taken offence unnecessarily. Bruce is truly one of Andrew's coterie of fans. Shortly after the event, we were discussing it:

Bruce - "What happened? He is the Most Perfect Pilot."

Patch - (grinning) "Is not!"

Brit - "Mmmph, mmph!"

Ms. Browning - "Brit, what's wrong?"

Brit - "Mmph, mmmph!!"

Ms. Browning - "Oh, that's good, I thought that you were choking on the chicken."

Brit - "Mmph, aarrgle!"

Bruce - "Is too. He never crashes. Just ask him."

Patch - "I'm too shy to ask him. Besides, my Pa is the Perfect Pilot -- I've never seen him crash."

Bruce - "Your Pa? -- Maybe -- Y' know, yer right, I've never seen him crash -- but I've never seen you crash either."

Brit - "Mmph!"

Patch - "Oh, I crash all of the time -- but, y'know, Ive never seen you crash, come to think of it. Maybe you're the Most Perfect Pilot."

Ms. Browning - "Brit, what was that?"

Patch - "Pa, swallow that chicken, you're turning blue."

Bruce - "I still think that he's the Most Perfect Pilot and that he had nothing to do with the crash -- it was that vicious little Mig."

Patch - "Well maybe, but what about my Pa?"

Brit - "Wheeeze, hack, hack."

Bruce - "We're never going to agree on this -- we're too far apart."