RCU Forums - View Single Post - A real bunch of swell modelers... not
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A real bunch of swell modelers... not

...seems much toodo about nada.

Cripes, I'm still taking it in the ear from my club members for a crappy landing at our float fly a few weeks back. I don't wreck'em that often, but the guys are always waiting for it .................because it doesn't happen that often and they can't waite to get their shots in. I consider it part of the comradery. Hell, the only write-off of the year for me was my kids trainer and I'll never hear the end of that, nor do I expect to.

The amount and timing of the ribbing is proportional to the type, experience, expense and totality of the devestation. For example, a quarter scale scratch-built deserves at least understanding silence up until the peices are bagged and back in the vehicle while a .40 Arf is fair game during the return "walk-of-shame". This must of course be tempered with how long a person has been in the hobby. Somebody who is realively new and just destroyed their only plane get's sympathy and support until such plane is replaced and successfully flown again.

Those who can't take any teasing of any sort,............................. well, it's time to consider model railroading methinks.

Now, before it is suggested that I am suggesting that Andrew Can't handle the teasing.................stop. (particularly with Ronnio joining the fray because I can almost hear his fingers striking angrily at the keys already)

This is only my opinion relating to doinking a model. I don't know Andrew and only have a few relatively benign forum exchanges and his engines reviews that don't give me much in the area of character data, other than he knows a bunch about engines and flys almost anything........oh yeah, and wishes I would stop winding guys like Ronnieo1 up.