RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aero bird elect. system and radio,to use with which airplane kit?
Old 07-11-2005, 10:41 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aero bird elect. system and radio,to use with which airplane kit?

Yea, but if you get a new body (which only comes with new electronics...unlike the Extreme which just the body or the electronics can be bought for) you'll have good electronics sitting around doing nothing from the old bird. I did the same thing, picked up a new Challenger body/electronics and am now searching for a candidate to put the old guts into. I was sticking it into a foam toy glider but kind'a got board with the project. I still want to put it into a glider but something worth doing it with. There are "V" tail gliders out there with 400 class motors on them and no electronics. I'm looking at a ready to fly body (no building) for around $60 or $70. Others have put the Challenger guts into foam gliders, a stealth delta wing type, a Slow V, etc. Any body that uses "V" tail mixing or can be modified to use a V tail will work. Delta wing type bodies will also work with the control mixing. A good candidate would be the Hyper Wing. Let us know how you do.