RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with Sullivan Smoke (Skywriter)
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 11:19 PM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Sullivan Smoke (Skywriter)

Ok,

Got the Sullivan Skywriter to work with my DA 50 today and boy does it smoke! I attached a 3cell (11.1V) Lipo pack to run it. The pump doesn't seem to engage at low end of the throttle range. Essentially when I get about 1/3rd throttle, it kicks in. Part of the problem is that the pump seems to want to pump in too much fluid when it first engages and I have had to compensate for this with the program mix. On my Futaba 9Cap, I use a program mix (Pmix #5, Throttle master, channel 8 slave) that I start at +100% on low-end and then -32% through the rest of the graph. The pump won't come on at anything closer to zero. It will speed up however as I go closer to -100%. At -32% it is pumping too much even for high throttle setting but obviously I can't set it any lower, as stated above, or it won't pump.

How do I deal with this problem? I'd like to see if there is a more elegant solution to this than just pinching the hose...that defeats the purpose of a "variable pump." Am I doing something wrong in the Pmix? Would a lower voltage battery fix things?

Thanks for any help!

John