RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gday and a DF/ Honey Bee question
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 04:50 AM
sarcasmatron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gday and a DF/ Honey Bee question

G'day... I'm new to helis and this forum. I'm from Perth, Australia. I'm a complete newcomer to the RC heli world and haven't succesfully hovered yet.

A few days ago I bought one of these 4-channel, fixed-pitch Twister / Dragonfly / Honey Bee. Not sure the exact model as you'd describe it on here (seems to be about 20 make / model names in use) . It has no cooling fins on the motors, the control box is E-SKY model EPRX36/EMSGOA.

Now the functions of the sticks seem to be mixed up. Vertical R stick does throttle (as it should) and vertical L stick does forward/reverse cyclic (as it should). But the horizontal L stick does rudder and the horizontal R stick does left/right cyclic (i.e. cyclic spread over 2 sticks !). I pulled the control box apart and couldn't see any toggle switches and everything is in the correct sockets.

Can I pull the radio apart and swap over some parts to mix up the sticks ? I.e. swap the functionality of horizontal sticks ? It's an el cheapo radio (Venom Air Corps V Spec) and there is no adjustment available except axis swap.

Can I rewire the control box so it's the right way around ? I saw a post somewhere of someone who has photos from the factory of the way it should be wired, but I can't find that post now.

Also, the servos seem to buzz a fair bit at their extremities. Is this the norm ?

Any help anyone could offer would be muchly appreciated as I'm dying to learn to fly this little bugger !

Thanks ...

PS does anyone have a picture / circuit diagram of the connections for the 2 boards inside the control box ? (EPRX36/EMSGOA)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74900.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	298941