RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to the FMA Direct / Lithium Power Solution Forum
Old 07-25-2005, 05:33 PM
magnetik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to the FMA Direct - Kokam LiPo Support Forum

I have an FMA super nova 250S charger, and had never used until now on Nimh batteries. I just bought two new nimh packs - one is a 4 cell 1700 mah recv pack and one is an 8 cell 1700 mah transmitter pack.

When charging the 4 cell pack with the super nova, it ran for only a few minutes (charge rate 1000 ma) and then shut off. I assumed it had already been charged. Just to be sure, I thought I would cycle it once. At a discharge rate of 800 ma, it showed being fully discharged in just a few minutes.

The same thing happened on the 8 cell pack. Either I have two bad packs or something is up with the charger. So I tried charging 4 cell again. This time I put a volt meter on the leads going to the pack while it was charging.

I noticed that the reading was about 0.5 volts lower than was showing on the chrager LCD. This would explain the premature shut off.

I am now noticing that the same charger is shutting off earlier than it should on Nicad packs too.

My charger is s/n 0433985.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Magnetik, Louisville, KY