RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1.20 Edge Review, the beginnings
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 12:01 AM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1.20 Edge Review, the beginnings

I just used the Dave Brown mount that comes with the plane. Mounted the throttle servo behind the firewall to get it to balance with no additional weight. I have Hitec 5625MG's on elevators and ailerons and a 5945 on rudder. Using 4.8 volt batteries. I bought the hardware pack from Tom. The only thing I didn't use in it was the pushrods because I bought carbon fiber rods and 4-40 ends from Central Hobbies. I just did that out of personal preference. A lot of people like the hardware pack as is. I didn't use the fuel dot just because I ran a tube from the T out of the cowl to fill it. The new ones have to where you can mount the tank further back which means you might need a pump for the 160. Oh, and I used the slimline muffler on mine just because I prefer them to Bisson. I have two Hobbico 1650maH 4.8 volt batteries behind the wing tube on the tray with the receiver on top of them. Oh, control horns need to be 6-32 if you don't get Tom's pack. Mine flies great with the hardware pack...