RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking at getting a buggy for bashing...... Hyper 7 TQ?
Old 07-30-2005, 12:37 AM
BillyPratt75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at getting a buggy for bashing...... Hyper 7 TQ?

Okay, I have had my monster gt for about 8 months and while I enjoy it, I am looking to move into a buggy. I will mostly be running it with some friends at their track (backyard) as well as running it around my yard and possibly a little street running. Since I am familiar with nitro, I am looking to build a kit. I don't feel that spending 500-600 on a kit is wise for what I will be doing, so I am looking at the Hyper 7 TQ kit. I think it would be a good starting point and I can build it up if I ever feel the need. I will be putting an Airtronics MX-3 radio and 200oz servo in it, so I just need an engine. I am interested in the Sportwerks .26 because it seems to be very user friendly when it comes to tuning and maintaining, and since I won't be racing at a track I won't be limited to a high end .21. I would like to know if this would be a wise choice for a buggy and would this be a good engine for it? I only ask about the engine because I think I read somewhere that it won't fit in the Hyper 7 TQ. If this is true, what other engines would be a good alternative? I would like to keep the cost below 200.00. Again, I don't feel that I should be putting a 300.00-400.00 engine in a 250.00 buggy that will not be raced seriously. Thanks.