RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP Cosmic Wind Minnow
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 03:18 PM
thisoneused
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Cosmic Wind Minnow

Well,,,I'm glad your plane came ok!
Mine came with two left hand wing panels. Damn my luck anyhow!
You're right though, it does look to be a nice ARF. I especially like the fact that they used glass in the former to fiber fuse areas! My Toni formers were just glued in place and they have come loose.
I expect it to be a bit faster than the Toni, and the Toni was already much faster than a club members Shoestring with comparible engine. I just hope it flies as stable as the Toni does...This one doesnt seem to have the dihedral like the Toni does and I think the wing is a bit thinner. This might take some of the natural self recovery away, but I expect you probably shouldn't be flying such a model unless otherwise experienced with faster low wing designs that use less dihedral.
What engine have you decided on? I just might go all out and purchase a Webra 1.20 W/pump for mine. I'm getting a deal on this one.....thats one of the contributing factors of engine selection in my aircraft,...The deal!
I test fit the engine in the cowl at the local hobby store, and it didnt take up any more room than the four stroke would have. It also weighs a little less too!
I do run a Saito .91 in my Ultimate Bipe, but I think I will be dissapointed with the same engine in the Minow. I think the larger two stroke is the way to go for impressive speed. I could be all wet, but I think thats what I'm going to go with.