RCU Forums - View Single Post - stupid s3 question
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 01:33 AM
Super_Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stupid s3 question

ORIGINAL: lstRacerX

Several posts on this forum have steered me clear of the motor saver air filter. People here have nothing but bad things to say about it. How do you like it Stampy?
I don't know what one there using then I haven't had any problems. If you don't run a prefilter to take impact from a role then you can break the element housing because its only plastic but like you saw there its right next to my motor so it wont land on the filter and I use the pre-filter so that takes any impact. It gives great airflow and theres no way dirts going to get past the side of the filter (I blew the mach .26 I used to put the hose on in the first few pics because the stock kyosho element came out from under the 2 overhangs to hold the element in and let dirt by the side of the filter). The only problem I can think of that you would have is breaking the housing around the foam element. The filter comes oiled but the outside of its oiled so they probly kept getting the screen and filter clogged. If you oil the outside of any of these filters they clog up in one tank of fuel on a dusty track. No matter what filter you run oil it on the insided.

Yeah having an actual cowl is better I was thinking about making a scoop but that would scoop dirt from the front tires straight into your filter too .

The link peakman posted is the same tube that comes on the H7