RCU Forums - View Single Post - What do you know about the Hawk Pro .30?
Old 08-12-2005, 09:41 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 356 Likes on 286 Posts
Default RE: What do you know about the Hawk Pro .30?

First the Hawk is probably on par with any plastic helicopter in its price range.

The 401 is a great gyro, arguably the best on the market for its price. It will work with a standard servo, it will work markedly better with the correct digital servo. If you elect to purchase a standard or hitech or some other servo ensure that you turn DS mode OFF or you will burn up servos.

The OS line of engines run trouble free for the most part and you will be very happy with its power output but like Mike says, they burn their share of fuel to produce that power.

I'm curious as to why you've ruled out the Raptors? There's a reason they are the most popular. Parts and help are everywhere. If its money your trying to save, let me save you a little money and a lot of aggrivation. In R/C helicopters, more than any other facet of the hobby IMO you get what you pay for. Going cheap gets you frustration. Not to say you need the Lexus of helicopters and the best digital servos but you need to set reasonable expectations. When you purchase take into account broken blades, spare parts, fuel et all. These things need constant care and maintence to fly trouble free and that takes money. If you dont have the money to keep it in the air, save yourself the aggrivation.