RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar-9 Showtime 90/Evolution 100 Problem
Old 08-15-2005, 05:29 PM
idbagh1
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar-9 Showtime 90/Evolution 100 Problem

I also have huge issues with my showtime and the engine installation. I decided to install a saito 120s in mine and I too had a serious muffler problem. The stock muffler just wouldn't work and would hit the firewall at only 5.5 inches from firewall to engine drive washer. Since that value cannot be changed without changing the cowl I had to resort to other muffler options. The best I found was to scrap the stock muffler and replace it will the saito flex muffler with pressure nipple. Even while using the flex muffler, the angle of the exhaust manifold barely misses the firewall with the engine bolted on. The pressure tubing hits the firewall as I would not bend the pressure fitting any more with fear of kinking it permanently. My original solution which would work with the saito 120 would be to get a 90 degree exhaust manifold fitting from saito. Can you believe saito does not make one for the 120 but does in two sizes for the smaller singles? I wish saito had one then i could have used the stock setup. Another 40 bucks added to the cost of my plane. It looks like maybe all the parts in the hangar 9 arf kit are setup strictly for maybe the saito 100 from the pictures. who knows!!!!! Also, the stock tailwheel setup is pretty hokey. What else.....Other than that, a really nice kit. I hope mine flies well after I get bakc frm a business trip.