RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly screen Bigfoot?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 05:35 PM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly screen Bigfoot?

I agree with the plastic might have a high chance of melting. But since he took some effort in installing it, I thought I may as well give it a chance to perform

I'd have to disagree with your point in ventilation Automan. When I was breaking in the motor, even on idle, that engine fan pushes a tremendous amount of air through the engine. A flyscreen isn't going to hamper a suction that powerful. But only time will tell once I have time to test it this coming weekend

Madwax - the engines in large scale is 90%+ cooled with the rotor fan. However fast you are driving your car, there is no way you can achieve the same air flowrate around the engine as what the rotor fan can give. If you let the engine on idle, feel the force of the air the rotor fan pushes around the engine - its quite powerful

With regards to heat, with exception to the pipe outlet which he fortunately trimmed generous material off around it, the engine doesn't produce enough heat anywhere around the rollbar area. It would be warm at most - at least based on my experience.