RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shipping plane to Puerto Rico
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2002, 07:39 AM
BevoHoward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping by trucking ( ForwardAir)

I kinda feel obligated to give some advice. If it were me I would not use a company like FORWARDAIR. They do not cater to small shipments like models ok? They deal with Freight Forwarders like for example Eagle Logistics, Pilot Air freight. Surf Intl, Team Air, Danzas IEM, Schenker, etc , etc.
Most of the time ( not all ) but most of the time they handle wooden crates, if not crates then they handle what we call CANS. They are called ULD's
This means unit load devise. We have LD 3's and 4's etc. What most people don't understand is that a LOT of air freight never even goes on an airplane. Now these CANS are about 2/3rds the height of a trailer. Guess where your 500 or $1000.00 airplane is going? Yep right on top of those Cans. This is a business where dimensional weight is very very important. Forwardair is an air freight trucking company, and they have good rates because they fill thier truck full even if they have to shove it in. If it gets busted up and they take a claim then so be.
I want to mention one more thing. I have to disagree mith my buddy Rocky. Never Ever Ever put Fragile Labels on anything. I mean never!! I always advised against it. Always!!! These are the first ones to get busted. I've seen it happen! Like he said some people just don't give a damn!!!!