RCU Forums - View Single Post - surfign and came across this! looks a little familiar
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: surfign and came across this! looks a little familiar

snapon sold them for a while apparently.

in material quality, Traxxas beats the pants off of smartech though, the frame is thin and flimsy, the battery and radio boxes are apparently weak(the one I got used has both broken), the clutch design although almost copying traxxas is annoying and uses a 1/4" or so spacer behind the flywheel, extra wide clutch pads, and extra deep clutch bell gears which pushes the pull start back into the rear shock tower, the throttle servo into the front shock tower, and the tranny about an inch forward of the maxx unit, and the wheel base is about 1/4" or so longer than the maxx. they did correct a fair amount of weak points on the thing though, the steering has a built in servo saver, suspension arms have etra material where the maxx ones usually break, turnbuckles are a bit harder, hinge pins are much harder, comes with a complete center skid that goes from the front to rear skid plates, and a couple other things that I don't remember off the top of my head...