Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

surfign and came across this! looks a little familiar

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

surfign and came across this! looks a little familiar

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:19 AM
DurTmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default surfign and came across this! looks a little familiar

so i was surfing and came across this site, i think its a t-maxx copy....hmmm does traxxas kow about them? lol
[link]http://www.trendtimes.com/nirchutr18sc.html[/link]

http://www.trendtimes.com/nirchutr18sc.html
Old 09-22-2005, 08:07 AM
TM323

Default RE: surfign and came across this! looks a little familiar

can't believe the price the are asking for that, and what are they using for a cooling head!
Old 09-22-2005, 12:55 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

that's just the Smartech Magic Wheel, it's been around for a long time, Traxxas definetely knows about it. it's different enough that they can get away with it, and everything on the frame is somewhat different than the maxx, the tranny is mounted way forward because of the outrageously long clutch so the frame and chassis braces are different, I think the tranny might be interchangable other than it's a different spur gear

oh, and it's a copy of the narrow maxx and doesn't have near the power of the 2.5, so I doubt they're that worried... and that price is insane, they used to go for about half that on ebay I think
Old 09-22-2005, 12:59 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

Yes Traxxas know's about it, there the one's who sold off the right's to the original T-Maxx when they upgraded to the 2.5.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:24 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

yea it looks like some kinda mt but I can't put my finger on it.....[sm=stupid.gif] I wonlder if they even sell any of those?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

snapon sold them for a while apparently.

in material quality, Traxxas beats the pants off of smartech though, the frame is thin and flimsy, the battery and radio boxes are apparently weak(the one I got used has both broken), the clutch design although almost copying traxxas is annoying and uses a 1/4" or so spacer behind the flywheel, extra wide clutch pads, and extra deep clutch bell gears which pushes the pull start back into the rear shock tower, the throttle servo into the front shock tower, and the tranny about an inch forward of the maxx unit, and the wheel base is about 1/4" or so longer than the maxx. they did correct a fair amount of weak points on the thing though, the steering has a built in servo saver, suspension arms have etra material where the maxx ones usually break, turnbuckles are a bit harder, hinge pins are much harder, comes with a complete center skid that goes from the front to rear skid plates, and a couple other things that I don't remember off the top of my head...
Old 09-23-2005, 05:03 PM
rc_freak
My Feedback: (1)

i my opinion, SMARTECH=Piece of S--Crap![:'(]
Old 09-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Kemo

Smartech racing is popular in asia, and pretty darn good in asia too. Traxxas sold them the first generation tmaxx plans, except smartech was on their own for a couple parts. Its basically the same story for Duratrax when they got their evaders (XX Losi) from Team Losi