RCU Forums - View Single Post - quick question about transmitter/receiver compatibilty
Old 09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
itspuddingtime00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question about transmitter/receiver compatibilty

Would it be possible to use a transmitter with more or less channels than the receiver had. For example if I wanted to use a 6 channel transmitter with a 4 channle receiver, would it work given that they are both on the same channel. Also do you need to buy the same brand receiver to have it work with your transmitter. Like if I had an airtronics transmitter, could it work with a futaba reciever on the same channel. If you used an off brand receiver could you replace the crystal to work with any transmitter? Would the range be cut down at all or are there any side-effects? The reason I'm asking this is both the cost of direct replacement receivers and the size. I'm starting to get into micro cars and also mini planes and parkflyers. I have a 7 channel transmitter, and it would be pointless in my eyes to spend 80-100 bucks on a direct replacement receiver that would have 4 extra channels, unless absolutly necessary. Sorry if I'm a bit n00bish, I'm not very educated on radio gear and compatibility. Thanks in advance for any help.