RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spoilerons
Thread: Spoilerons
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 01:42 AM
lomcevek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spoilerons

While we are going through this i will put in my thoughts. I am running a 9C and I have programmed in both spoilerons and flaperons. I use the three position switch (small) on the right.

Down = OFF
Middle = Spoilerons
Up = Flaperons

The reason I have this is that flaperons are used more than spoilerons so I put that in an easy to find spot, I put down as off because if you get into trouble all you have to do is throw your finger all the way down hard on the switch and all you mixes are killed and you can concentrate on flying out of the mess you got yourself into.

To do this is fairly simple one servo is plugged into #1 and the other #6. Flpaerons are easy as there is a preprogrammed mix for that already. Spoilerons are a little more tricky but not too bad. Basically what you have to do is setup a programable mix for each Aileron. On the advanced menu you just pick whatever two you want and set the switch, switch position, master, and slave.

I must also say that I rarely use these mixes because if your airplane is setup right you should not need them.