Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Spoilerons

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Spoilerons

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 09:11 PM
TSuppa
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoilerons

Can Spoilerons be programmed with the Futaba 7CAP. I am thinking of buying one and want to ensure this function can be programmed

Thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 09:59 PM
aerobatixkid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spoilerons

Yes! YES!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:45 AM
TSuppa
My Feedback: (3)

Thank you Shane. I bought a 9C
Old 06-20-2005, 03:28 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

TSuppa, I have the 9C and use spoilerons on several planes. If I could offer two cents.............I found that using the trainer switch is the best place to put the spoileron mix. With 100% mixed in the plane can be difficult to handle. SO I pull the switch,perform the manuver, then let go of the switch and fly out. I mostly use this mix for elevators. When I had the mix on a regular switch I was having to stand the plane on it's nose till I could flip the switch back.

David
Old 08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
perkinsm

9C Question - I just got my 9C and want to activate the elevator-flap mix, to perform the Harrior with my UCD 46.

I have gone to the "Elevator/Flap" mix and activated it, but when I apply up or down elevator, the alerons move, one up and one down, like they do normally.

I want them to both go up or down depending on the elevartor input. I have both of my servors for the alerons in the number 1 channel on my receiver.

any ideas?

Old 08-19-2005, 03:19 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First go to aux function and null all the aux channel assigned switches so you are not fighting a knob of switch telling it to do something else. Then is its not right, Go into the function and dial in either positive or negative 100% to get the correct direction.

Great Radio, hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine.
ORIGINAL: perkinsm

9C Question - I just got my 9C and want to activate the elevator-flap mix, to perform the Harrior with my UCD 46.

I have gone to the "Elevator/Flap" mix and activated it, but when I apply up or down elevator, the alerons move, one up and one down, like they do normally.

I want them to both go up or down depending on the elevartor input. I have both of my servors for the alerons in the number 1 channel on my receiver.

any ideas?

Old 08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
emnm79
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: perkinsm

any ideas?

you can't have flaps using a Y-harness, you need each aileron servo plugged into the receiver in its own channel
Old 08-19-2005, 07:40 PM
perkinsm

Thanks - I didn't think of that. What channel should I plug the other servo into?

Will I still have my hi / low rates as they are now?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:18 PM
ChiefG

aileron to ch. 1, flaps (aileron #2) ch. 6.... low/hi rate - SW D
Old 08-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: daveopam

TSuppa, I have the 9C and use spoilerons on several planes. If I could offer two cents.............I found that using the trainer switch is the best place to put the spoileron mix. With 100% mixed in the plane can be difficult to handle. SO I pull the switch,perform the manuver, then let go of the switch and fly out. I mostly use this mix for elevators. When I had the mix on a regular switch I was having to stand the plane on it's nose till I could flip the switch back.

David
I totally agree!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:43 AM
zen40

Hi, This may have been answered already but
Can anyone tell me in very short how to set up spoilerons on my 9cap I have seen it helps to stop wing rock when doing harriers etc all of my planes wing rock. First off where do I plug my alierons in my reciever and is there a mix for spoilerons or do you make it?
I assume it must be linked to the elevator ( or not )? and do you set it to a switch or at a point in the elevators rates? what happens if I grab a hand full of elevator at speed and the spoilerons come on? So many questions.
Thanks for any help.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:05 AM
daveopam

Let me try to go through it briefly. If it's not clear be sure to ask back.

To start the flapperon mix must be active on the main menu. You will have one servo in CH 1 and the other in CH 6.Then go to program mix one. Set ELEV as the master and flap as the slave. Then chose what switch you want to use to activate the mix. I recommend the trainer switch. Then set your %'s. You will have to set + or - depending on how your servos are set up. Be sure to set the % for up and down ELEV. That takes care of one side. For the other side use program mix 2. Use ELEV as the master and AILE as the slave. Do everything else the same as program mix 1.

That should have it. Let me know if something is wrong.

David
Old 09-27-2005, 11:35 AM
coveredup
My Feedback: (1)

David
Yup, thats what i do too.

Not sure if the 7C can do this though.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:51 PM
zen40

Hi Daveopam,
Thanks for the handy info I will have a go at setting it up in the next few days.
Cheers
Zen 40
Old 09-27-2005, 06:33 PM
smokingcrater

here is an even better spot, MUCH better IMHO. put the spoilerons/flaperons on the left shoulder slider, giving you variable control. My hand is on that almost as much as any primary flight control. especially good for landing, kill the throttle up high, glide around for awhile, then use that to drop in at your feet, reflexing the ailerons up to drop like a rock or dropping them way down to float on in.

I've got mine set up that with so much mix that in the full up or down position the servo is at the end of its travel. aileron control only moves one surface! (yeah, not very controllable at that time, but they work great as speedbrakes in vertical dives!)

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

David
I totally agree!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:17 PM
daveopam

I think you are using snap spoilerons. With the setup I use the AILEs move linear with the ELEV. With a 100% mix mine are also maxed out when the ELEV is maxed out.
Not saying my way is better just different.

David
Old 09-28-2005, 01:42 AM
lomcevek1

While we are going through this i will put in my thoughts. I am running a 9C and I have programmed in both spoilerons and flaperons. I use the three position switch (small) on the right.

Down = OFF
Middle = Spoilerons
Up = Flaperons

The reason I have this is that flaperons are used more than spoilerons so I put that in an easy to find spot, I put down as off because if you get into trouble all you have to do is throw your finger all the way down hard on the switch and all you mixes are killed and you can concentrate on flying out of the mess you got yourself into.

To do this is fairly simple one servo is plugged into #1 and the other #6. Flpaerons are easy as there is a preprogrammed mix for that already. Spoilerons are a little more tricky but not too bad. Basically what you have to do is setup a programable mix for each Aileron. On the advanced menu you just pick whatever two you want and set the switch, switch position, master, and slave.

I must also say that I rarely use these mixes because if your airplane is setup right you should not need them.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:55 PM
daveopam

I was with you until that last line. Let me know when your Funtana .40 will do an elevator and drop 400' straight down without spoilerons.

David
Old 09-28-2005, 09:41 PM
smokingcrater

I must also say that I rarely use these mixes because if your airplane is setup right you should not need them.
it isn't that you need them, I fly them as another flight control! there are things that are not physically possible without full control of them, as daveopam mentioned. doesn't matter how your plane is set up, it will drop faster then the same plane with full spoilerons on. If I want to drop vertical, pull out at the last second, and land, there is nothing I can do in a regular setup to make this possible, but with full spoilerons/flaperons, it's easy.

how about REALLY short takeoff distances. again, doesn't matter how your plane is set up, unless you can drop your ailerons way down you still won't be off the ground nearly as fast as the guy who sets this up.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:30 PM
lomcevek1

What I was getting at with the "You should not need them" is that I have seen some people fly with them flaperon mix on all the time. They are very useful tools when you feel like to use them.

I use them for elevators, whoop ass knife edge spins, climbing flat spins, stuff like that.

For walls, harriers, hovering, knife edge, and the like you should not "need" them
Old 09-29-2005, 11:51 AM
erikpmort
My Feedback: (52)

Hey, I got a question: Who has used spoilerons or flaperons on their Funtana 90? My friend has one, and I always tell him to try it..... how does it behave?

thankx