RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Help with Older Zenoah 62 Engine - Part II
Old 09-29-2005, 12:08 AM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help with Older Zenoah 62 Engine - Part II

Folks, I received the engined pictured below in an old Pitts I am going to renovate. On first examination this is going to be a bigger project than I realized. First off I have no paperwork at all and know nothing about this engine. Please bare with me as I work through this and learn.

The engine appears to have no iginition battery. At least I haven't found it yet. So I'm assuming that is a magneto mounted on the front? don't know, as you can see there is a black something on the side of the cowl that wires into the engine. There is also a smoke system on this plane. The switch (top one) is mounted in the cowl and wired with the engine also. There is also some sort of plug in connector like you would plug into the back of a portable radio located below the smoke switch on the cowl and this connector/jack is also wired into the engine.

Can someone start me out here and give me an idea how you stat this thing; when it is hot; etc. I'm going to call horizon tomarrow, but not sure they can help over the phone. But I do really need to try and find a manual for this thing or find out if I need to change it to electronic ignition.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91145.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	330957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22765.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	330958