RCU Forums - View Single Post - **PLACE YOUR BETS**
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: **PLACE YOUR BETS**

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Interesting...
You make some very valid points about the ascension to the throne, let's hope they beef up security at the Muncie Palace so no assasins get in...

I think the current EVP position emerged because of a real need for a financial professional in the mix, there is too much money being dealt with, too many tax rules, too many potential pratfalls.
I don't want it called "CFO", that's a profit-making position for corporations. Does not sit well with me. The first (and up till now) only person who I EVER heard call it "CFO" was Horrace.

At AMA the original position was called Secretary-Treasurer. Without refreshing my memory, the position was changed in name to Executive Vice President around 1980/81 or there about. The term Chief Financial Officer (CFO) was included to carry over the old duties of Treasurer.
AMA has salaried staff accountants with one designated Comptroller. The elected office serves as the go-between the EC and the salaried administrative functions.

AMA Bylaws:

Article X
Section 4
. The Executive Vice President shall be the Chief Financial
Officer of the AMA, shall monitor the financial and corporate affairs
of the AMA, make an annual report to the membership regarding the
financial affairs of the AMA; and shall make periodic reports, not
less than quarterly, to the Executive Council regarding financial
matters of the AMA, and shall assume the duties of the President in
the event of a vacancy as described in Section 2. until such vacancy
is filled.

Just because this item is not "heard" does in no way mean that it has not been said. [>:]

It just so happens that I have close contact with an accountant person currently in contract with one of the nation's largest accounting firms, that is also involved into investigating corporate computer networking under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
This person is just one of a number of close contacts that I have. Like any leader, my work will be with consultation of a number of truly professional experts.
There is no doubt that I can supply any information needed by AMA and myself to satisfy any financial situation. BTW IMO, IRC 501 (c) is today much easier to administer than when AMA became 501 (c) (3).