RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA and our sad situation....
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 02:11 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA and our sad situation....

Second, NO should not be re-built. No amount of history is worth the loss of life (which is no where near 10,000) the ecological devastation, and the financial burden it has put on everyone across the country
On the TV here today, final figure was 9xx, less than a thousand. I don't remember the exact number. My sister told me as I was outside at the time.
I have "refuges" here in my house. My sister and her grandson are staying a while. They have no electrical power in an area about 60 miles north-north-east of Houston, from Rita. Just got mine last Friday PM. Actually they have more damage there than here.
With the great influx of diesel generators, diesel is at places up to $3.90 per gallon. That will reduce the trips to the field with my Dodge Diesel truck.
Had to cancel our Big Bird Weekend this past Sat/Sun due to no power at the field, and the general conditions of the area and populace. Ya'll come see us now on Dec. 03-04. With the way it's staying summer-hot here, it may be 80° those days.

You have not even began to see the economic downturns yet to result from these two storms. [:@]