RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4wd off road buggy EXOTIC: PLEASE HELP BJ4 or Predator X10
Old 10-08-2005, 07:17 AM
scud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4wd off road buggy EXOTIC: PLEASE HELP BJ4 or Predator X10

How could the new Losi look anything like the durango? Losi uses BELT drive- the durango is a shaft (uni) driven car!!!

also, the durango, which DOES look hella-cool, has the funkiest battery mounting method I've ever seen - what are you supposed to do, make a 2x3 6 cell battery pack"stick style" - that looks like a major pain in the ass - I have no problem building SADDLE-style 3x2 pack, but building 3 rows of 2 cells, stick style? that is assinine

so what about losi XXX-4? anyone else scared of belt drive?

and yes- I agree completely about the driver thing- I think either the predator or BJ4 can be driven to a win- they've clearly been thought out well (BOTH) and I dont doubt both are highly competetive. I'm thinking of this from a couple of different viewpoints: practicality, parts availability- but most of all "PROVEN-NESS" - none of these buggies are proven - 1 single worlds title and a bunch of good resulsts doesn't mean **** - again, these are all great drivers.

I want to see someone step up to the plate that KNOWS 4WD racing and make a compettiive vehicle. The kyosho (which I hated until now) is starting to sound like an option...

ORIGINAL: Racer L

What about the Durango? I know it's not one the you asked about, but it looks like a good car to me! The new Losi looks just like it!