RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building vs Assembling [kits vs arf]
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 08:52 AM
sbd-5
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building vs Assembling [kits vs arf]

looks like i am not alone then.why does everyone want to have the same plane even the scale arfs.ie mustangs seem to beavailable in every shape and size no longer are they unigue as any one can buy one.i build from plans scale a nd sport planes that you do not see all the time that appeal to me.ie new era 3 is a great flying easy to build .20 size sport/patern plane,then there is the brian taylor kingvisher observation plane on wheels.my stafford p-39 was different till vq and wm offered them.but my b-24 still is.same happened to my vk dr-1 now it is an arf.there is a certain undescribable thrill when you test fly a plane you built yourself and it requires little or no trim.just not the same with an arf.guess it is due to the fact it was not a labor of love during the building process.one thing we all learned was problem solving,how to read planes and build a plane without a step by step instruction book and some engineerig/design that those assembling arf just won't learn or understand.i think the biy kit as sig now calls them will be extinct in a few years as the builders become a minority.