RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building vs Assembling [kits vs arf]
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 09:35 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts
Default RE: Building vs Assembling [kits vs arf]

Rather than a step down as a minority we should present ourselves as a step up in exclusivity (jeez, can you use a word like that in a sentence). Car makers and the automotive aftermarket do this all over the pace. Look at all the dolled up rice burners on the highway. BTW my daily driver is an MGB.

Swinging Modelers, have you noticed that your model is sitting at every other station on the flightline. Let us send you something unique from Billyjoeraybob's Kit Cutters. Be the only one at your field with our Whooptedoo 60. Act Now! And remember, cutting balsa isexcellent therapy for carpal tunnel syndrome*

*this therapy not endorsed by the AMA...either one.

Goofiness aside, it seems some modelers are intimidated by the thought of building a model. A good example is a guy who flys at the local field. He has been flying a year or two and has good skills. He has done minor repairs to his own arfs and he admires (drools over) the kits and plans built planes that others bring to the field. He just doesn't seem top have the confidence in his own building ability. If he lived less that an hour and a half away I'd put him to work in my shop just to get him hooked. Hmmmm, what a concept.

Just my two cents worth on this often discussed topic.

Madmen at large,We're everywhere!