RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building vs Assembling [kits vs arf]
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 04:46 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building vs Assembling [kits vs arf]

this whole debate has been beaten to death. here are the main reasons people assemble- no time no space and no enjoyment building.
main reasons for building plenty of time space and enjoy building. i love building a friend of mine doesnt. it takes him 6 months to assemble an arf. he doesnt like to build has no time and no space. he is an oracle DBA and has to work long hours sometimes. i am a programmer and up until june of this last year i was unmarried which means i had a lot of time and i have my own house and i dont park the car in the garage just airplanes so i have the space. because of the market he and i both get to be happy. i get to build he gets to assemble and fly. why should we argue between us which is better. we have a partnership though i can assemble his arfs and he can tune my engines. i am terrible at it. i am 27 he is 35 he has been in flying for 10 years and i have been in two. you would think i would only assemble arfs but life is silly that way. there are times when i think building is a waste of time and that is when it takes me an hour and a half to get to the field and i have to plana whole day around it. this debate will always go on as long as there is one or the other as a choice. its the same with the whole electric vs nitro vs gas. just do what you want to do. another debate is comercial gas engines vs converted weedies. will the madness ever end?[&:]