RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Response was Disappointing!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Response was Disappointing!

ORIGINAL: bkdavy

Unless you consider AMA rules established guidelines, the guidelines don't exist until the two groups agree on them.
In the absence of any regulations, and the fact that manufacturers almost universally endorse the AMA guidelines by inclusion in their products, the argument could be made in small claims that failure to abide by those guidlelines and causing damage to someone that was would constitute negligence. Whether you personally accept the AMA guidelines or not, a large majority of flyers and product manufacturers do, making it a defacto standard.

A final point - I may not have been clear. When I stated that I would hope the rogue flyers would be agreeable to establishing guidelines, I was referring to a written frequency sharing agreement, not the AMA standards.

Brad
I am not sure what point you are trying to make. I once had a physics teacher whose favorite phrase was "all things being equal", when we all know all things are never equal. Your phrase "In the absence of any regulations" is a similar phrase. The frequencies we use are under the contol and regulation of the FCC. The FCR (Federal Code of Regulations), Title 47, including, but not limited to part 95, are regulations that Radio Control in the U.S. fall under.

There was a time, not so long ago, that each individual that used an RC system needed an FCC license and needed to keep a copy of part 95 with the system when it was being operated.

Part 95 can be found here, but, remember, it is only part of Title 47 and there are more regulations that apply to RC as well, that are not in part 95: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/w...7cfr95_00.html

If you read the portions that are marked R/C, you will find that YOU are prohibited from operating a system that causes interference. Of course it applies to "him/her" as well, but the wording is aimed directly at "YOU". I think that is what Abel was trying to get all of you to realize. No one has rights to the frequencies that are better than the rights another has to those frequencies when it comes to RC... AMA, clubs, and 15 years, notwithstanding.