RCU Forums - View Single Post - Your Favorite G62 Options
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Your Favorite G62 Options

I always put electronic ignition on the Zenoah engines, and I always install an aftermarket muffler. I usually slap a wrap-around pitts on them because it makes the cowl and installation look cleaner.

You don't always gain power with a pitts, but they sure look good. It CAN'T be worse than the restrictive stock muffler.

Ralphs ignitions are very good. I have used them numerous times and not had a single problem. Ralph stands behind his product too. If you have problems, he's just an email or a phone call away.

While you may not necessarily NEED a synchrospark (variable timing) unit--it sure does make the idle smoooooth. Stock magneto equipped G62 engines tend to shake a bit when idleing. The electronic ignition unit really smooths it out.

One suggestion that wasn't in the poll--use 32:1 or 40:1 oil in this engine. You don't need to waste money on expensive synthetics that require a 100:1 mix. Any 2-stroke chainsaw oil from the local big box will work just fine if you mix it according to the directions on the bottle. I prefer Husqvarna oil mixed at 40:1. Costs about $1.05 for a 3.2oz bottle--perfect size for 40:1 in a gallon of gas.