New muffler for better performance.
19.61%
New muffler for quieter sound.
13.73%
Spring Starter.
9.80%
Electronic Ignition.
35.29%
I like the stock version, no additions needed!
3.92%
Vibration dampening engine mount.
5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Your Favorite G62 Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 06:33 PM
JDHammer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Favorite G62 Options

Just got my first gasser, a stock bare bones G-62. What are your favorite options for this engine? Thanks, this will help me decide how to proceed! (You may choose more than one answer.)
Old 11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Your Favorite G62 Options

JD Hammer, You'll really like the G-62. It's user very friendly and provides plenty of power for a lot of applications. While it's hard to improve the "STOCK," Zenoah G62, these are two "MODS" I feel add to the the overall and performance and reliabilityof the G-62.

1: After market muffler for quiter ride and improvement in Performance.

2: Electronic ignition for smoother Idle and better transition. I Suggest Ralph Cunningham, ( RCignition).
Old 11-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I always put electronic ignition on the Zenoah engines, and I always install an aftermarket muffler. I usually slap a wrap-around pitts on them because it makes the cowl and installation look cleaner.

You don't always gain power with a pitts, but they sure look good. It CAN'T be worse than the restrictive stock muffler.

Ralphs ignitions are very good. I have used them numerous times and not had a single problem. Ralph stands behind his product too. If you have problems, he's just an email or a phone call away.

While you may not necessarily NEED a synchrospark (variable timing) unit--it sure does make the idle smoooooth. Stock magneto equipped G62 engines tend to shake a bit when idleing. The electronic ignition unit really smooths it out.

One suggestion that wasn't in the poll--use 32:1 or 40:1 oil in this engine. You don't need to waste money on expensive synthetics that require a 100:1 mix. Any 2-stroke chainsaw oil from the local big box will work just fine if you mix it according to the directions on the bottle. I prefer Husqvarna oil mixed at 40:1. Costs about $1.05 for a 3.2oz bottle--perfect size for 40:1 in a gallon of gas.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:13 PM
RTK

ORIGINAL: Bob Laine

JD Hammer, You'll really like the G-62. It's user very friendly and provides plenty of power for a lot of applications. While it's hard to improve the "STOCK," Zenoah G62, these are two "MODS" I feel add to the the overall and performance and reliabilityof the G-62.

1: After market muffler improvement in Performance.

2: Electronic ignition for smoother Idle and better transition. I Suggest Ralph Cunningham, ( RCignition).
DITTO
Old 11-04-2005, 03:18 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

Another vote to send it to Ralph at RCignition.More power,easier to start.smoother idle.What more could one want.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Dirtnaper
My Feedback: (11)

Go to an electronic ignition way safer if your hand starting too. Also get some of the stand off mounts from chiefs or some where no need to use the cup types, hey are too heavy. You can actualy get the weight down to equal some of the higher priced engines and the G62 will make good power if equiped.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get the Electronic ignition.

If you don't then make sure you get the spring starter!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:14 PM
JDHammer

Thanks guys, I'll be sending the engine to RcIgnitions next week and a Bisson muffler is on the way. Looks like not many go for the no-vibe mounts. One post said that it causes more problems than it cures so I'll leave them out. This engine will be powering a TF giant Corsair so the more weight up front, the better!