RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI Baja Buggy!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 06:54 AM
outcastrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

I agree that carb forward only makes sence. Keep the air filter in the cool air and keep the exhaust where it belongs, out back. I also agree that HPI is doing a great job. Giving people the chance to own a 1/5th scale car when they could only dream about owning one before... I like many many others have no FG support thru lhs and I refuse to own something I have no local support for. My lhs even looked into it and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Hardly anyone would cash up to buy one if they brought them in. HPI on the other hand is a company that everyone deals with already and there will be no issues getting them or the parts support in. So every lhs in town is jumping on them. In fact they are fighting to get in every single baja they can get there hands on. There already so many people who have thrown cash down... Unlike FG where no one did...

That tells me something. That a lot of people think the way I do. Even if the baja isn't as good as a FG, (not that I care either way) I want parts support, here, there, anywhere I am. I want reasonable prices. I want reasonably priced local aftermarket support. Only competition and a large company like HPI is going to give me that.

Maybe thats why people are getting so upset. Pretty soon there will be 100 lhs's (maybe 1000 lhs's) carrying the baja for every single lhs that carries everything else... I myself can only see this as a good thing. Either FG and everybody else will compete or they won't and will die. If the baja sales don't happen (unlikely from what I have seen) it all won't matter anyways. I want choice and I want a decent price for it. And the more competition there is the better it is for me...