RCU Forums - View Single Post - GREAT PLANES ULTIMATE (kit)
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 08:16 AM
thanosg2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GREAT PLANES ULTIMATE (kit)

Maiden Flight report.
I was lucky to find a calm day this morning even if it was ready to rain, so I quickly assembled the plane and filled the tank.
My Saito 72 FA started with just one spin from starter. Last check and range check and ready for take off.
TAKE OFF.
It is very easy. No right rudder needed. Straight on the track with some elevator for keeping tail down until accelaration is enough and then
a touch of elevator.
FLYING.
Some trimming and there it is. Stable with no bad tendences or surprises. Loops rolls and inverted and then a low pass
to see how great it looks in the sky. As far as vertical , I could say that SAITO 72 with 13X6 APC prop is fair enough ( still new and running rich ). It wont climb for ever
but its ok , having in mind the normal way that I fly my models. For more hot things a bigger engine is a must.
Haven't used high rates. Only the suggested low.
LANDING.
What can I say ? I was surprised finally. I thought that some speed was needed to land it but in fact with the engine idle it lands great
with a little touch of elevator in order to level it just before touch down. ( as I said there was a calm day NO wind at all It will probably land better with some
wind ).
Cowl is still one piece.
Just 3 tanks flying today as rain started falling.
Next weekend if the weather is good I will try to have someone to shoot a video.

TEST005 I did finally cover struts before flying.

That's all friends , hope you build and fly yours soon.

Thanos.