RCU Forums - View Single Post - Loctite & Instruction Manual question
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 09:48 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 357 Likes on 287 Posts
Default RE: Loctite & Instruction Manual question

Chewy. If you have a Raptor visit http://www.raptortechnique.com and read read read.

To answer your question, enable idle up one and set your helicopter up so that you get +- 10 or 11 degrees, equal end points, servo rod at 90 degrees and mixing levers level at 1/2 stick. You only need 9 degrees or 10 at the most for normal and idle one. The less total pitch you run the less sensitive your collective stick will be. Throttle hold curve should have as much positive pitch as you can get but no more than 12 degrees. Once you achieve that make all pitch adjustments with your pitch curve. Disable idle one, set normal up for -2, 1, 5, 7, 9 and throttle 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 adjust the engine needle so it hovers at half stick after the motor has been broken in. Depending on how strong your engine is you may have to raise or lower the half stick and 3/4 stick throttle points. When learning DO NOT CHOP THE THROTTLE, smoothly lower it to get it set down if you get in trouble, training sticks will help here.

As you gain comfort lower the lower pitch points a bit till you get to -5 on the bottom and +9 on the top.

Once your comfortable flying around a bit enable idle one, set the throttle to 100,75,50,75,100 with -9 -5 0 5 +9 I also reccomend setting up your normal mode for 3/4 stick hovering at that point so that you don't get a jump going from idle up to normal or the other way around. I don't mess with idle 2, i've never found a need for it, I just inhibit it. Some guys run 3 head speeds. I normally spool up till its light on the skids, flip to idle one and dont mess with it again till I land.