RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pusher AP plane build thread
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pusher AP plane build thread

Sound advice Dan. Interesting you mention trying to visualise the completed plane as that is where I am at now. One of pet peeves with using a converted plane to AP was the stinking access to all the electronic gear, it was at times a real PITA. I am taking a close look at Mike's sliding drawer he has with the great access to all his electronic gizmoes. You will see that I have left the center section wide open for now. My plan is to put the A/V TX in the upper section and the camera in the lower. My thought is to have access in the electronics in the next forward compartment which might need to be re engineered.

I might sheet part of the interior with lite ply (from the firewall forward following the 2nd diagnol brace) as I want to mount a hard wood block for the nylon wing bolts to go into.

The 1/4" x 1/4" stick is all balsa. I used 1/8" lite ply for the formers and 3/16" ply for the fire wall and nose gear former. I think the idea of having the A/V TX in the "upstairs" with the antenna pointing upwards as to downwards will make good sense as the landing gear will not interfere and most turns are done with the plane banked towards you meaning the antenna will be pointing into the turn and more at the pilot (unless you are at such altitudes as Dan then it would not help)....just my thought as I could be entirely wrong but if nothing else it will have the cool factor