RCU Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Extra 300xs Build
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Digger44
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Extra 300xs Build

Back at it a little bit today. Sorry for the short progress updates. I really only have maybe a couple hours when I do get to build. If I get behind on the updates, it would just take too long to post.

After the sides and bottom were dry (overnight), I fit the firewall F1 in the sides and bottom and glued in place with epoxy.Then added the box top and used several clamps to hold in place so I could continue working on the landing gear mount plate. In the first picture it is not glued in place yet, just installed to check for fit. While the gear plate was temporarily mounted, I marked the 1/8" back position line of the landing gear as well as the mounting holes. Then, drilled the holes in the plate and installed the blind nuts. I epoxied in some 1/2" tri stock under the gear plate and to the fuselage sides. Then glued the plate in place with 30 min epoxy. After about 45 min or so, I removed the clamps on the firewall so I could add the tri stock to the underside of the top piece. Also added tri stock to the outside of the engine box joint with F2 former.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80073.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	362746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80199.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	362747