RCU Forums - View Single Post - Highwing or Lowwing?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 11:42 PM
Tom02
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highwing or Lowwing?

Low-wing's really aren't that popular today, why b/c the people who win are flying high-wing v-tail composites so everyone thinks that that is the winning combination (2000-2002 a Vortex wins the Nats), it may be, it may not be. But if 90% of the competition was flying a high-wing composite, probability says that it's most likely to win. At the Nats I saw low-wing standard tail woodies do quite well, be it as it may only two people were flying them, and neither one made the cut, but I saw them beat the hell out of Neme-Q's, BOP's, and Vortex's. Not to mention Marcus's only loss in the qualifying session was to a GI8U2. I believe the 99 Nats was won by a low-wing v-tail, the intimadator, I might be wrong. It's not that that high-wing V-tails are any better, I personally hate V-tails, I think they're more draggy then people make them out to be, but to explain that I'd have to go into a whole a lot of math. I don't think high-wing v-tails are any better, I just think they are what the market tolerates.