RCU Forums - View Single Post - Highwing or Lowwing?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 02:58 AM
gi8u2racing
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default landings

matchlessaero-
I must say i disagree with you, but i can understand your reasoning...

The older low winged planes (Scat Cat, Doddger) have improper gear placement (they are too far forward), which causes short takeoffs, but bouncy landings.

I wish i owned the technology to record a landing of one of my planes to put on the internet. It is easy as anything. I make my planes stop right at my feet EVERY TIME. We have the gear in the right place to balance out a smooth, non-bouncy landing and a quick takeoff. The ground effect on a low wing is very effective because the wing is lower to the ground, whereas on a high wing, it is not as helpful because of the longer distance between the wing and the ground, which makes landing a low wing much easier.

In reference to our kit, we have worked out a deal with a professional building company to work with us so that customers can get their plane in any stage of completion they wish, and done in a timely manner. Check out my site for more details

I'll have pictures of more shots of GI8U2's as well as pictures of the kit contents by tomorrow night.