RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 9C Radio
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 09:27 AM
skyhawk172n
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9C Radio

According to information I have picked up, do not let a cell phone around your 9C w/synthesized module when operating an aircraft. I own 1 each, 9C and Super both w/synthesized module, and have noticed when a phone powers up just before ringing from an incoming call that the servos glitch, and this has been reported in the press. It only occurs when the phone is in CLOSE proximity to the xmtr. Never caused any problems, just something to be aware of.

I fly both helis and fixed wing, and haven't found anything I can't set up that I need.

I use a 2100mah Ni-metal pack because the stock pack runs out in about 3 flights. I still charge after every other flight, so really the 2100's were a waste, but...

Yes, you can convert data from a regular 9C campac to a Super without any trouble. Insert the regular campac into the Super, copy the model data to the xmtr memory (models number 1-10) then follow the directions in the manual for data conversion. I can't remember exact page # but it's on 1 of the first 2 or 3 pages of actual programming info. I haven't yet tried the other way 'round, but regular to Super DOES work.

Roy