RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pusher AP plane build thread
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pusher AP plane build thread

I'm not worried about hijacking...this is all great information...keep it coming.

Update: For some reason the camera mount has been thrashing around in my mind for the past few days and I just could not come up with a good solution till this afternoon. I really like Mike's drawer concept and used that idea to build upon. I don't have a picture yet but I will try to describe the completed idea. Instead of a drawer I used a panel that is hinged at the bottom, exposing the camera area of the fuse. I small tray will slide in and out of that compartment for easy access to the camera and its settings. The camera itself will sit in a custom made half box with 1/4 foam for a snug but not overly tight fit. The camera box will be mounted to a variable tilting shelf which in turn is mounted to the sliding tray...sounds much more complicated that it will be. I can vary the angle by using something quite unique...some of the rubbery foam wedges found in a womans make up kit that they stuff between their toes then applying nail polish, well at least thats what I think they do with them. To stop the tilting shelf from tipping all over I will use a piece of Velcro to keep it snug against the foam wedges. This way the camera will be surrounded with foam and the tilting shelf will be isolated from the sliding tray with foam so hopefully all that foam combined with optical image stabilization in the camera will provide sharp pictures.....phew that was long and drawn out! Oh, the hinged side panel will obviously have a hole in it for the lens to poke through and will be held closed with 2 flat plastic landing gear straps that will clip onto a screw.