RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tell me about these kit cutters:
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 03:45 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about these kit cutters:

Ditto what Chad says.....

I find time and again that modelers loose all perspective in this hobby, and mostly don't apply common sense....

Duralites Batteries- added regulators, to save 3oz on a 40lb airplane.....paying an extra $300 for an engine that's a pound lighter only to have to add 4lbs of lead to the nose....dual recievers....dual batteries....and many other nonsensical stuff that adds no value, and frankly makes no sense other than to complicate life and add complexity to building an airplane.......

I agree, with this particular airplane Laser Cut parts, or parts cut in a more traditional manner wouldn't matter one way or the other to the builder.

Now, if you're a manufacturer and your worry is conformity/repeatabilty and replication in production then comuter aided laser Cutting my be the answer to assure that everything fits because who knows, you might have the 105th wing cut in december mounted to the 1000th fuselage cut last year in August.....

Doesn't mean squat to the one of a kind builder such as you and me.

Oh, I almost forgot...I've used Precision Cut Kits, as well as American in the past.

I've been equally satisfied with the both of them...