RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tell me about these kit cutters:
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 01:33 AM
Yak18
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about these kit cutters:

Now that's CUSTOMER SERVICE Mace!!!

OK guys, I posted a reply on this thread and within hours Mace Gill emailed me requesting more information on my problem with The Aeroplane Works Ziroli 77 inch Stearman kit his dad sold me in 1992. When is the last time a manufacturer contacted you before you tried to contact them?

Mace, thanks, I will reply here so others can follow along. I bought and built the kit in 1992. Although, it's still around (on the charger now), I have no way of knowing now which formers had the slightly misplaced notches because they are built into the fuse and I cannot see them from the inside or out. I remember there were only two misplaced notches on two formers and they were near the cockpit area. The problem was with the plans not the kit parts because I checked all the parts with the plans and every part matched Ziroli's drawing exactly!!!

When I was running stringers the problem showed up and I simply cut new slots in those formers and patched the old slots to hold the stringers in the correct place. It took me 2-3 minutes to fix and was a non-issue for me. That's why no call to your dad or Nick Ziroli. I know now that not providing feedback causes problems to continue...I'm sorry guys. Next time, I will call.

Bottom-line to my fellow modelers: I was 110% pleased with my 99.9% perfect kit from Aeroplane Works. We are fortunate to have Mace Gill providing us with quality kits and OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Yak