View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 04:31 PM
BentBalsa
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experienced problems - with 4 other cutters

Experienced problems - with 4 other cutters

Gentlemen,

" You should find it interesting, in providing accolades or complain of having experienced problems with the three fore mentioned kit cutters. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can not speak from experience on the three mentioned, except that if you want a aircraft that is not standard
(ie. Zeroli plans etc. )

Than either there is a LONG -- LONG ------- wait ------- or they are not at all interested or the estimate for looking at doing the Simi kit is two to three times what it could and is being done for at this time.

As for one of the three you mention - I priced a SuperHawk Biplane from them at 425.00 kit only:

That did not include the cowl, canopy, tail wheel, wheel pants, cabanas, landing gear wires, or plans which can be purchased from the original mfg. for 525.00 total complete kit with everything.

I find that whether it is laser cut or hand cut its in the individual - selection of wood, direction of grain, density, etc, AND the support of correcting anything which may have been forgotten or overlooked, broken either in shipment. If you will a old fashion hand shake grantee of sorts.

" I also agree that no matter who cuts for you SERVICE and workmanship are the 2 biggest factors. Find someone who wants your business and is willing to take care of you service wise to get it." --- I can not agree more!!!

The cad / drawing work is the most important whether it is cad or by hand - as most of the prints are drawn hastily or inadequately and a lot of detail is left out. Not just shaping of the lines very few plans supply everything that should be on a drawing or in a list ( ha ha ha ). There is a big statement as a list of wood sizes or any specifications has rarely been included on the several plans that I have purchased, looked at etc. . The biggest problem is that rarely do the designers include the 3rd sheet - that has all the parts need instead of extracting them form the drawings that they provide.

Thanks to ALL the people in the industry for doing what some of us don't have the time or knowledge to do as without them the hobby would be less..... regardless of price.

I can speak about the others that I have had the exasperation and displeasure of contracting with and it is not at all favorable or encouraging to say the least. - All verifiable

Thanks
Jim
C.F.I.T.