RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sharpy has been outdone
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
jhelps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sharpy has been outdone

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: kenair

does this mean the Canadian Aeromodelling Championships will not be a sponsor on the can?
These derogatory references to RCCanada are getting a little annoying.....[:'(]

I know I'm not alone in thinking Jason does an incredible job, and practices great restraint, in filtering the crap that get's thrown at his site.

Enough already.[:@]

Jim

Not certain as to the actual meaning of your post or what you intended it to accomplish. Usually your posts are very clear and I understand them so perhaps it is just me this time. Jason runs an excellent board and has turned it into the premier Canadian R/C site and also a bit of a commercial enterprise. He has chosen to responsibly manage it by limiting posts and people from the site that he disagrees with, however I bet he understands that some of those people who get cut are not going to be pleased and may have an opinion of the site that departs from the majority. Should one of those folks choose to refer the site as the "can" I bet he could care less and by extension perhaps so should you.

All of the above is assuming we agree the post is derogatory. Perhaps your feeling that "can" is derogatory has more to do with the poster than the term as frankly if one were seeking a quick abreviation of RCCanada, "can" seems to me to be a good shorthand.

JH