Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Sharpy has been outdone

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Sharpy has been outdone

Old 12-30-2005, 09:13 PM
ronnieo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sharpy has been outdone

ORIGINAL: Morison

ORIGINAL: ronnieo1
MAAC somehow let it get to this point and isn't sure how to fix it, I guess.
I'd suggest that MAAC clearly knows how to 'fix' the problem and is doing just that.
So Keith, to dispute Sharpie...it ISNT up to the Southwest Zone to fix it's problem, is it?
Old 12-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Morison

ORIGINAL: ronnieo1
So Keith, to dispute Sharpie...it ISNT up to the Southwest Zone to fix it's problem, is it?
Depends what problem you are talking about - I would suggest that there are a number of issues that should be resolved in some fashion or another. Some of those issue are best dealt with by the board and some are best dealt with by the members of the zone. Ultimately, the members of any given zone bear some responibility for the people that they elect to represent them.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ultimately, the members of any given zone bear some responibility for the people that they elect to represent them.
....we have a bingo! Hold yer cards till we has a chance ta double-check them numbers.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:36 AM
bbbair

Depends what problem you are talking about - I would suggest that there are a number of issues that should be resolved in some fashion or another. Some of those issue are best dealt with by the board and some are best dealt with by the members of the zone. Ultimately, the members of any given zone bear some responibility for the people that they elect to represent them.
From what I have read about the SWZ election, most of the votes were cast by proxy ballots. [:'(]

THIS, now brings up one BIG conversation as to WHO YOU (members of the SWZ) gave YOUR proxy to... [X(] and what that person did with it ... [&o]

Which is why forums like this are so very important, like it or not the information on the activities of elected officials IS GETTING OUT.

Even through threats, personal attacks and the verbal diarrhea from misguided supporters. [>:]
Old 12-31-2005, 09:52 AM
canopener

I'd suggest that MAAC clearly knows how to 'fix' the problem and is doing just that.

Keith Morison
Publisher
Yup, just like Scale 2002 was clearly fixed to a tune of $62,000.
and MAAC is still paying substantial fee to the ACC when [link=http://www.copanational.org/]COPA[/link] got out years ago.

Some of the board are trying hard to improve MAAC but there still are a few board members that are still living back in time with old ideas and rest of the board asits on their hands, change is slow and painful in MAAC!

There is hope, we have some board members that are not retired that bring fresh new ideas!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:01 AM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: canopener

Some of the board are trying hard to improve MAAC but there still are a few board members that are still living back in time with old ideas and rest of the board asits on their hands, change is slow and painful in MAAC!

There is hope, we have some board members that are not retired that bring fresh new ideas!
With a single exception, I believe that ALL of the board members are doing their very considerable best to "improve" MAAC. Even that one exception, where overall MAAC business is concerned, may actually be acting in what he personally believes to be in the best interest of MAAC. The MAAC board is stuffed from nose to tail with business tallent and experience -- ergo, your mindlessly insulting comment about fresh new ideas is decidedly inappropriate. You owe the board an appology.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:00 PM
canopener

You owe the board an appology.
Oh, we're all so demanding these days!

Nope, my best frieds are old, my flying buddies are old.
Is there a time to let go of the maac reins.

No insults intended, it is the way I see things, I see them differnet than some of you.

by the way, did we elect a master, lord and king on this forum to demand from us mere pions?

Old 12-31-2005, 03:21 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: canopener

You owe the board an appology.
Oh, we're all so demanding these days!

Nope, my best frieds are old, my flying buddies are old.
Is there a time to let go of the maac reins.

No insults intended, it is the way I see things, I see them differnet than some of you.

by the way, did we elect a master, lord and king on this forum to demand from us mere pions?

It's peons.

There's nothing wrong with opinions, unless they are publicly expressed with the intent to degrade someone. Your post very clearly implied that some of the board -- the retired ones -- can't hack it &/or aren't trying their best. That was an insulting and stupid thing to say.

The last time that "fresh new ideas" were introduced (by a non-retired person, I might add), the Canadian RC combat fliers were stripped of their opportunity to develop their competitive skills by denying them the opportunity to fly, in Canada, against the very tough US combat pilots. The fresh new thinker didn't like the US combat guys comming up north & kicking Canadian butt, so the rules were creatively massaged, dumbing them down, so that the Yanks were no longer interested in playing here. Additionally, their favorite planes were selectively outlawed as well, just to ensure that the "fighting" Canucks kept their own marbles.

We now have a flock of pilots pretending to fly combat with our own made-in-Canada fresh new pansy rules. So much for fresh new ideas from unretired visionaries.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:23 PM
britbrat

Double post
Old 12-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Jason Holdaway

don't get your blood pressure up old timer

fresh new ideas are fine as long as they are in the best interest of everybody. not a selective group. Yeah, us RCCA guys not only got screwed, the board (divided at the time) turned down our protest and allowed the combat commitee to run an "illeagel" event. The rules at the time stated that the IL-2 was a legal bird, but it was disallowed to compete at a sancioned event. I must be getting old too......my blood pressure just went way up too.........

anyhow, when we start to think about each other instead of ourselves, we will all benefit.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Sharpy01

Hey Jason, I tried to motivate the board on that one.............................. I tried harder to motivate some of your crew to try for the ZD's job at the time.

Main problem was that nobody on the board flew combat and the related committees were a mess, stacked with a regional core group, backed by a couple of ZD's. I suggested disbanding both combat committees and forcing them to come back as one reinvented group after their "differences" were worked out. That whole combat thing went way beyond flying with a couple of familiar names (not mine) mixed in the middle. As I recall, one of your guy's wife/girlfriend was insulted at a public event, threats were being made to a club that they were going to be shut down, likely a law-suit threat tossed in....... any of this sound familiar?

..... the "combat" off the field seemed more intense and the majority wanted it to go away as quick as possible. It was pretty ugly toy airplane stuff
Old 12-31-2005, 05:40 PM
Jason Holdaway

it was ugly stuff indeed. For really no reason. I too questioned the need for two combat committees. Being new to MAAC politics at the time, I called my ZD (yah know the guy your supposed to call to answer your questions..............unless he runs away of course) He just repeated over and over "scale is scale, open is open" Really, the rules are (were) the same. The only difference was what the plane looked like. Not only were the committees stacked (why is CS on the combat committee?) New rules were brought to the TO AGM from members not even yet on the committee. That one has yet to be cleared up. We didn't get to vote on the issues because we were told that committees were from AZM to AZM, not AGM to AGM, which really doesn't make sense due to the timimg of different AZM's but anyhow, there are new issues coming out in the combat world that I said years ago would occur. But by that time, I was well into the "blacklisted community" In one way I want to say "I told you so" on the other hand, I really wish I was wrong. I don't wish the segregation on anyone. There were board members that "felt" for us, yet nobody took the stand with us. Allowing them to close every loophole we found to continue flying the way we wished to. But then, that's water under the bridge. Time to move on.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:45 PM
britbrat

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway

---- it was ugly stuff indeed. -- But then, that's water under the bridge. Time to move on.
Yes -- time to move on. It's so comforting to know that more of these fresh new ideas are waiting out there -- buzzing around in the "minds" of some forward-looking unretired guys. []
Old 12-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Sharpy01

.......yeah, water under the bridge, but sill some stuff trying to swim back up stream. It would be a good idea to stop em from spawning again.

That Toronto AGM was the height of the World Scale 02 mess and few had the stomach for more "combat" on any issues, particularly involving the same players. [:'(]

Perhaps by the next AGM, there will be a good opportunity to fix the problems.

Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:57 PM
gingertoad

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway

anyhow, when we start to think about each other instead of ourselves, we will all benefit.
THANK YOU - BIG TIME!!!!!! Is that not what several of us have been saying all along?
Richard Barlow
Old 01-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Crosscheck

Happy New Year Everyone !

Richard, I enjoyed meeting you at the 2005 Maac Nats Scale Combat match. I'm looking for a 1/2A Texaco to build when I have finnished building my 2006 scale combat planes...

Patch and Britbat, When (if ever) are you going to actually attend a Maac Scale Combat Match? You obviously are interested. Come on out and have alot of FUN ! Spectators are welcome, if you 'choose' not to fly...hehehe I beleive we are the only Maac SIG to be sponsored by a beer company.(Trafalgar Ales and Meads) How can you resist Patch?

-RCCA (AMA) 2610 scale combat is dying a painful death because no one is interested in building the 'non WW2 fighters' needed to compete with. CDs are canceling matches because of lack of interest.
-Maac Scale Combat is thriving...( most scale combat rounds flown in North America in 2005 as far as I can tell)

I figured I'd throw in some facts.
Or do they just get made up here?

Monty Python quote: "This isn't an arguement, it is a series of contradictions...No it isn't...YES IT IS..."
HeHeHe

All the best to everyone in 2006...

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
Old 01-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Jason Holdaway

Dave,

I don't think I can turn down a beer sponsor, or a Monty Python quote. Like I said. It's water under the bridge, and flying combat is a lot more fun then fighting about it. I think deep down, most of us modelers share a lot of common goals, we just have different ideas on how to reach them. I have a couple of P-51's on the wall, ( one needs repairing after the engine mount mysteriously fell off after a poor hand launch), and a P-47 on the bench at the moment. Next on the list is a zero. I also have about 3 flyable opens and about 6 highload 40 foam (cut with a hot wire, fiberglass leading edges, carbon fiber strips tip to tip, top and bottom, covered in ripstock nylon)wings waiting for fuses