RCU Forums - View Single Post - What you think of my step dads project boat?
Old 01-08-2006, 03:18 AM
brettos01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What you think of my step dads project boat?

Hey Cordia,

Looks good!

But I can see a problem with the stearing & other. You are using a single flex cable there to turn the engine and that won't work, trust me. If you can turn the engine side to side when it is conected to the servo, the engine will make your boat go where ever it want's to.

The turn servo on an outboard is usually mounted close to the engine with one push rod or flex cable on each side of the servo arm, which are then connected to the engine, (there are two stearing rod mounts on the engine itself) and there should be no free play in the stearing at all.

The throttle servo should be mounted at the rear as well and use any type of single connecting rod.

The fuel tank should be mounted at the front because when it is full of fuel it is heavier than the servos and tunnel hulls, especialy a 7.5 need the weight up front to keep them in the water.

If you need anymore help there are lots of talented people here who can help where I can't.

Take a look at the photo gallery, you will see a lot of tunnel hulls there, have a look at how others are doing it.

Regards Brettos.