RCU Forums - View Single Post - Big Joe's making the 2.5r feel the burn!
Old 01-08-2006, 01:33 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Joe's making the 2.5r feel the burn!

ORIGINAL: McFrosty

So I recently installed a set of Big Joe 40's on my Revo and these tires are awesome! the extra width makes is extremely stable even when wide open. Brake hard and crake the wheels and its super responsive with no roll at all. I have to try pretty hard to flip it over now and aggressive tread pattern definately makes is dig in the snow. 4-3 inches of wet snow is no problem now.

The only issue is these tires are big and heavy and my poor 2.5r just can keep the wheel speed up in the deep stuff.

I need more torque so I'm looking for some tips to get more power from my engine. I have an OS .18tm but I don't want to use it in the winter. Want to wait until spring and get as much power now as I can.

So what do you all suggest?

So far I've gone with the forward only conversion to cut down on rotating mass as well as a single servo converison with a VERY power Futaba meal gear servo (I forget which one exactly but turning the wheels is no problem)

I'm also ordering the Resonator pipe as it claims 20% increase in bottom end power.

And other suggestions to get more grunt from the 2.5r?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!
I got a cold air intake, and it seemed to help with the bottom end. Might try one of those, K&N Makes them