RCU Forums - View Single Post - tomorrow is the day... first flight
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Dogz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tomorrow is the day... first flight

Funny you should mention it, I had my first lesson only a few hours ago, what a buzz, my palms are still sweaty. Got caught in traffic so I was about 1 or 2 min late, the instructor showed me the controls and fired up the plane. I thought don’t we have to some pilot briefing…lol.

We started with some basic aileron turn were I only had aileron controls and he had the rest, after 10 or 15 minutes of circuits we did a few figure 8’s then he landed and refueled. On the second trip up I practiced the feel on the elevators by doing a few up and down moves then did some banked turns with use the ailerons and elevators to maintain height. We did another quick refuel and hit the air again. On the last run we practiced runway approaches with no power and finally with a lot of guidance I did a landing.

I had a great time………. I’m glad I haven’t got my LT40 finished yet or an engine for the plane because I feel like I could fly a real 747 but I know if I went solo, my plane would turn into a pile of stick in no time flat…… One thing that helped me was 5 or 6 hours on FMS on the PC, I might only be using the keyboard but it does give you a fell for an R/C plane the major difference is the real r/c seems a lot faster and doesn’t have a reset button.